Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Activity 3: “I Have a Dream”

Welcome back to my blog today i'm doing another S.L.J activity this one is called I have a dream this one was interesting because the USA had laws that kept black and white people separated. This was called segregation. This was interesting because in my other S.L.J activity it said that to but was in south Africa and that was called Apartheid. Anyways what we had to do was tell yous about the problem of Rosa Parks faced on the bus that day. What did she do about this problem? and describe the problem Rosa Parks faced on the bus, and what she did about it. The problem was that She is most famous for refusing to give up her seat on a bus to a white passenger



Rosa parks stuck up to herself and said ''NO'' she was annoyed because people thought white people were better so they could do anything they want. So she sat in her seat and then got arrested I think that's unfair because people are allowed to be their self's and stand up to them.             bye        

                                       


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Mikayla,

    Another activity done and dusted! Great work! :)

    Well done on making a connection between two different activities and the two different countries they involved. It's awesome to see that you're reading and retaining the information we share with you on the Summer Learning Journey website. :)

    You've written a good little summary of Rosa Parks' story. Isn't it awful that some people are treated so poorly based solely on the colour of their skin? It's wonderful that their are brave people out there who are willing to stand up for what is right. Were you able to find out what happened after Rosa was arrested? I'd be interested to hear what you learnt.

    Have a wonderful afternoon and keep the Summer Learning Journey posts coming! :)

    Bye for now,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post