Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Activity 2: Celebrating Diversity

Good afternoon guys, welcome back to my blog today I have done another S.L.J activity this one is called Celebrating Diversity.
Diversity means being diverse. So what we had to do was click on all the links that were below and tell yous the names of the two groups that interest us and then tell yous at least two facts about each group. 

The two groups that I picked were Inuit people and papuan people
because they were interesting. Now here are the two facts about both groups.

Inuit people
1.There are four Inuit regions in canada, collectively known as Inuit Nunangat. The term ''Inuit Nunangat'' is a canadian Inuit term that includes land, water, and ice.

2. The social and cultural challenges that exist today can similarly be undone in large part through policies that support and empower Inuit institutions, families and communities.

Papuan people
1.The overwhelming majority of the population is Christian, although traditional beliefs remain very strong and reports of religious discrimination are rare.

2. The main languages papuan people speak are Melanesian, Tok pisin (pidgin) and Motu english there are over 800 languages.

                          BYE




                             

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Mikayla!

    Nice choices, and very interesting. Do you think that it would be tricky speaking 3 languages like the Papuan people?

    I really like how you have included a solution for the Inuit people in their problems.

    Don't forget to use pictures!

    Keep up the great work,

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post