Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Activity 1: A Long Walk to Freedom

Today I have done another Summer learning journey activity it is called A long walk to Freedom. This one was about when this guy called Nelson Mandela lived in South Africa. For many years,South Africa had different rules for people that had white skin and those who didn't. This was called Apartheid. Nelson Mandela felt that this was very wrong. He tried to change the law but he was sent to Prison. After that he became President of South Africa and ended apartheid. Nelson Mandela spent 18 years in prison he was locked away in a tiny,damp concrete sell, with only a straw mat to sleep on it must of been very hard for him. So what we had to do was  write a diary entry pretending that you are Mr Mandela. And write at least four sentences to describe what he might be feeling or how would it be like in the prison. 
                             







                                     https://grist.org/climate-energy/justice-giant-remembering-mandela-and-his-fight-for-climate-justice/
Image result for Mandela

1 comment:


  1. Great use of images! This really helps us readers to see who you are talking about. remember one other way you can engage your readers is to make your letter look as authentic as possible, something to keep in mind for next time :)

    Keep up the great work!

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post