Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Activity 2: Swimming to Safety

Tonight I have finished another S.L.J activity it is called swimming to safety swimming is very important because it can save your live if your in deep water. anyways we had to retell the story of this brave young woman from Syria. Her name is Yusra Mardini she is a teenage girl and is a competitive swimmer. so here is the story I had to retell hope you enjoy.

So once upon a time there was this girl that loved to swim. Her name is Yusra Mardini she was born in syria, a country long gripped by war. When her house was destroyed by a bomb she knew it wasnt safe anymore, so she and her family fled away in a boat that had more than enough refugees. When the motor of the boat broke down her and her sister became super heroes,swimming and pulling the boat very hard to safety. In Germany Yusra found glory and was one of the first refugee teams ever to compete in the Olympics.           
                                                                  https://www.yusra-mardini.com/Image result for yusra mardini          

1 comment:

  1. Hi again Mikayla!

    Wow what a powerful story, isn't it incredible to think of the struggles that some people go through in life. It certainly makes me appreciate what I have. :)

    I really like how you have used colour to show when you are writing your story, this makes reading your article easy as I can see exactly where you start and end! Would you like to be a writer when you are older? What else would you like to do when you grow up?

    Keep up the great blogging work!

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post