Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Activity 1: The Right to Vote

Today I have done another S.L.J activity it is called the right to vote. So what we had to do was imagine that the government has decided to create a new $10 bank note. They want to replace Kate with a picture of a different NZ woman. And who you think should be put on the new $10 note. And also put a picture of this amazing woman and explain why you think she should be chosen.

                      I picked Valerie Adams.
I picked Valerie Adams because she is a New Zealand shot putter  She has a personal best throw of 21.24 metres outdoors and 20.54 m indoors. She is a four-time World champion, four-time World Indoor champion, two-time Olympic, three-time Commonwealth Games champion and twice IAAF Continental Cup winner.  

                    

Image result for Valerie Adamshttps://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/commonwealth-games/103052908/dame-valerie-adams-into-womens-shot-put-final-at-commonwealth-games




Image result for Valerie Adamshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Adams






Bye








1 comment:

  1. Hi Mikayla!

    What a great choice! Valerie Adams is such a good role model, it’s amazing to think that she represented New Zealand at the Olympics! Would you like to go to the Olympics? What sport do you play?

    Great choice of pictures! They really show Valerie at her best, both shot putting, and being a mother! Great to see that you have linked where you found your images too. :)

    Keep it up!

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post