Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

Activity 3: Own Choice

Morena wonderful blogers and readers, Today for this blog post I had to to choose our own scientist, technologist or inventor who we think has changed the world. It could be someone you know. What I found hard was writing a sentence about how they/their work has had an impact on the lives of others. What I found easy was 
The name of the person and a sentence about the work they do or have done.

 My person that I picked name is Mae jemison.

Mae is an American engineer, physician, and former NASA astronaut. She became the first African-American woman to enter space when she served on the crew of the Space Shuttle Endeavor in September 1992. 

Mae has encouraged people to try out and be an astronaut. She is also trying to say that you can do it like you can do any job you want if you try never give up.

Mae is now 63 and working for a technology research company.





Bye

1 comment:

  1. Talofa lava Mikayla,

    Congratulations on completing another activity! I'm so pleased that you've continued to work on the Summer Learning Journey programme throughout your summer break - nice work! :)

    Wow, hasn't Mae Jemison achieved some incredible things in her life? I love that she's using her platform to encourage others to aim high and work hard to achieve their own goals. Do you have any big goals you want to accomplish this year?

    Have a great afternoon, Mikayla. I can't wait to read more posts from you soon!

    Mā te wā,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post