Pages

Friday, September 27, 2019

Trip to marae

This  morning  whakarua and punui-o-toka went  on a school trip to a marae. First we had to go on the bus the seats in the bus were very cozy and warm awhile later we arrived at the marae the two people who worked there introduce themselfs and taught us some Maori words but I already new them she asked for a male volunteer to be our chief.  Then they slowly started to walk us in through the doors  two men where standing up across the fence looking scary then they opened the gate we had to say Maori ora twice then the gate opened  they did a haka  and one of the leaders for the haka gave the chief a leaf and did a funny dance.  It was funny because Maui was chasing his mum around the room and also hid her clothes so she couldn't find them. The room also changed colours it was really pretty like the room was red then changed to rainbow and stuff they also did performances to how maui found his mum and father. The girls were really cool but the man with the horns was very spooky and scary. It was fun going to the marae because The ladies taught us how to use a poi. Which was fun but very hard  are some pictures of the marae 
                   
                                            


 hope you enjoyed bye





                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post